Baton Rouge's Finest Mexican Buffet
News, Reviews & Comments About El Magey
- 225BatonRouge.com - Fast Break: All-you-can-eat Mexican food at El Magey's buffet
" . . . And this is the beauty of a Mexican buffet, especially one like El Magey, which includes plenty Mexican and Tex-Mex favorites. You can try out a little of everything without having to commit to a lot of one thing. My first plate was stacked with a beef chimichanga doused in white queso, sweet and tangy barbecue chicken, rolled taquitos, chicken enchiladas in a kicky salsa verde, rice and beans and a build-your-own crispy taco with carne molida. Then came a pork tamale. And shrimp fajitas. And stuffed, fried crab in the shell. And then a dessert plate of tres leches, flan, sopapillas and fresh fruit. . . "
- activediner.com - 5 out of 5 stars - I love this place the food exellent, service is great. There is nothing on the buffet i did not like. All the food taste very good. One of my favorites is the BBQ chicken. all the food is home made and very fresh you must try this place you can take ...
- CitySearch.com - Fantastic Food & Service !!!! – These folks know how to cook great Mexican and Central American dishes. Everything is cooked from scratch and the selection on the buffet is very good and always fresh when I've been there every week. There's a seafood buffet on Friday night and they add a lot of seafood items. Homemade desserts are great. Try the Flan. Service is very good and staff is efficient and attentive.
- TripAdvisor.com - 4 out of 5 stars - Still really good.
Told my son about this restaurant. He wanted to try it too. Again everything I tried was very good. Great place to try different things.
5 out of 5 stars - Best Mexican this Side of Mexico! Firstly the staff here is incredible. Friendly. Courteous. Quick. You couldn't ask for a better run front of the house. Secondly the food here is amazing! I admit that I was leery of going to a Mexican buffet but this place has removed all inhibitions of buffet-style dining. It was quality tasting food of an abundant variety that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. That said, it's more than worth the reasonable price tag attached to it. I will be certain to return to El Magey now that I've discovered this hidden gem.
- Yelp.com - 5 out of 5 stars - It makes me wonder why there aren't more Mexican buffets in this world - it's a good that lends itself well to buffets. El Magee lived up to my expectations with a wide variety of foods, hot and cold, and plenty to choose from. The pans were refilled often so the food was fresh. My server was very friendly and checked in on me just enough to be useful and available without being overbearing. I travel through BTR often, and this will definitely be on my dinner rotation!
4 out of 5 stars - If you're craving for Mexican, don't worry. El Magey has anything and everything you need to satisfy that craving. Starting off there's complimentary chips and salsa with soft tortillas also being offered but you have to ask. If tacos are your thing, you create your own tacos any way you want it as topping options are of many. Other items include enchiladas, Spanish rice, refried beans, chimichangas, pork tamales, shrimp, chicken and pork fajitas. Then there's even a few BBQ options. All of the food is always fresh because once it hits the buffet, it goes quick. But rest assured the staff is good about staying on top of the buffet, making sure everything is refilled and kept up. Lunch time can get pretty busy, so you'll have to have quick hands and get what you want before it's gone. I basically just fill my plate with one of everything. My favorite is the pork fajitas, pork tamales and the chimichangas. All of the dishes are seasoned very well, moist and not dry. Food is kept hot for the most part and is covered. There's a dessert bar as well with flan, some sort of cake, banana pudding and ice cream is also available. Service is okay, but its understandable because it is in fact a buffet. You'll definitely leave El Magey with your craving satisfied and thinking about when's the next time you'll be coming back. It's an excellent Mexican buffet paired with a price you cannot beat.
- Zomato.com - Rated 5.0 - This is an incredible restaurant to get your Mexican food fix on!! Delicious food, Great buffet selection, and friendly staff! Awesome Sauce!!!
Rated 4.0 - Top notch "Mexican" buffet with a loyalty card program. 10th buffet then a free one. They have a nice variety as well including tongue. Also have an ala carte menu. Friendly folks. Perfect vibe. No alcohol served here. Very family friendly.
O P E N D A I L Y
8290 Siegen Lane ▪ Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- ▪ Monday: 10:30 — 4
- ▪ Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 10:30 — 9
- ▪ Friday & Saturday: 10 — 10
- ▪ Sunday: 10 — 3
▪ Phone: (225) 769-6922