Baton Rouge's Finest Mexican Buffet
About Us, Our Staff & Our Facility
Learn about El Magey Mexican buffet featuring home cooked food every day.
We are named after the maguey plant from Mexico. Visit us soon at 8290 Siegen Lane, conveniently located between I-10 East and Perkins Road.
- El Magey Buffet Restaurant was started in 2004 by the Gomez Family and it has grown to become Baton Rouge's most popular Mexican buffet.
- Today, Salvador Gomez and his wife Mayra continue the family tradition as owner/managers and take a daily hands-on approach to managing the business.
- Some of our original recipes are still in use today along with many new ones. Several waiters and waitresses have been with us for many years and take pride in providing friendly and efficient service to everyone.
- At El Magey, we serve original home-made Mexican and Latin American dishes - with all fresh ingredients served piping hot. Even though we serve a full buffet daily, many of our dishes can be prepared especially for you from our full menu.
- Take Out Service is available. Call us at (225) 769-6922 to place your Take Out order.
- The quality of our many regional delicacies and specialty items simply cannot be beat! We have delicious homemade desserts, too, including flan and Tres Leches (Three Milks Cake).
- We have over 30 skilled employees dedicated to making your visit to El Magey enjoyable. Several have been with us since 2004.
- We are conveniently located at 8290 Siegen Lane, between I-10 East and Perkins Road.
- 3 separate dining rooms provide space for 200 visitors. All are equipped with large screen TVs.
- Celebrate your birthday, anniversary or other special event with El Magey!
- Our Party Rooms can accommodate large and small events. Enjoy large screen TVs and video at your event!
Party Room #2
O P E N D A I L Y
8290 Siegen Lane ▪ Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- ▪ Monday: 10:30 — 4
- ▪ Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 10:30 — 9
- ▪ Friday & Saturday: 10 — 10
- ▪ Sunday: 10 — 3
▪ Phone: (225) 769-6922